Web/UI Developer skilled in dynamic web site creation and database management, experienced with multiple frameworks, web services and JSON, XHTML/CSS and Web 2.0 media. Hands-on HTML coding, CSS manipulation, equally able in creating web graphics or object-oriented N-tier architecture, troubleshooting, QA, and technical writing. Believes strongly in commenting code. Team player with extensive business experience, detail-oriented, able to take initiative.
Contract Programmer, Analog Devices for Hudson Highland Group, 2011-2013
- UI design and development at Analog Devices. Porting time management and financial tracking application from Filemaker Pro to PHP/SQL Server intranet web application.
- Modular application programming with reusable section files, common functions shared sitewide, master CSS file for unified visual design.
Developer/Designer, TaleChaser Design, 2008-Present
- WordPress themes and blog site development
Application Developer, Houghton Mifflin 1996-2007
- Sales Force Automation suite tied to Data Warehouse Oracle and SQL Server DBs supplying 500+ textbook salespersons and marketers with order and territory management data
- Sales material DBs, publication catalog sampling db, maintained secure travel and expense DBs
- Wrote user and functional documentation, conducted user training
- Agile design and implementation of Material Master database tracking 80,000+ detail changes, over 500 fields, modular accommodation of division-specific procedural requirements as application use broadened
- Conducted regular usage review, permission revision, and archiving using self-developed in-house tools
- Revamp of Change Request Management IT work flow application/DB, emphasis on compact header data, central Calendar navigation so that scheduled changes and completion status were clear
- Contractor/Consultant: Lotus Notes/Domino development/administration, C & Ingres SQL admin and application development at companies including Infocellular, MIT and Gillette
- Advanced from data entry clerk to Associate Programmer/Analyst at IBM (formerly Lotus): responsibilities included creation and maintenance of Ingres, SQL Server, Notes/Domino databases and applications, report creation and distribution, documentation of maintenance and procedures, moving archival data between systems
- The Career Institute of American International College, Cambridge/Woburn, Mass., Master Certificate, Digital 3D Design, 2008 and Master Certificate, Enterprise Solution Developer, 2009
- Harvard Extension School, Cambridge, Mass., Programming courses
University, Boston, Mass., Mass Communications, 1977-1982
This resumé was styled from semantically marked-up HTML using CSS. If you'd like to see how I did it, there is a link for the CSS file next to each list choice in the Style Switcher. If you liked my design work here, I'm happy to supply more samples and examples.
I also have a PDF of my conventionally formatted resumé, suitable for reading offline or printing. I know how to play by the rules, too! Right-click on this link, and you can download/open the PDF!