Web Developer skilled in strategic website and database creation with multiple IDEs, web services, XML/SOAP, UML, XHTML/CSS and Web 2.0 media. Experienced in object-oriented and N-tier architecture, troubleshooting, QA, and technical writing. Team player with extensive business experience, detail-oriented, able to take initiative.
Developer/Designer, TaleChaser Design, 2008-Present
- Standalone sites with C#, .NT, ASP, Java/JSP, web services
- WordPress themes and blog site development
Application Developer, Houghton Mifflin 1996-2007
- Sales Force Automation suite tied to Data Warehouse Oracle and SQL Server DBs supplying 500+ textbook salespersons and marketers with order and territory management data
- Sales material DBs, publication catalog sampling db, maintained secure travel and expense DBs
- Wrote user and functional documentation, conducted user training
- Agile design and implementation of Material Master database tracking 80,000+ detail changes, over 500 fields, modular accommodation of division-specific procedural requirements as application use broadened
- Conducted regular usage review, permission revision, and archiving using self-developed in-house tools
- Revamp of Change Request Management IT work flow application/DB, emphasis on compact header data, central Calendar navigation so that scheduled changes and completion status were clear
- Contractor/Consultant: Lotus Notes/Domino development/administration, C & Ingres SQL admin and application development at companies including Infocellular, MIT and Gillette
- Advanced from data entry clerk to Associate Programmer/Analyst at IBM (formerly Lotus): responsibilities included creation and maintenance of Ingres, SQL Server, Notes/Domino databases and applications, report creation and distribution, documentation of maintenance and procedures, moving archival data between systems
- The Career Institute of American International College, Cambridge/Woburn, Mass., Master Certificate, Digital 3D Design, 2008 and Master Certificate, Enterprise Solution Developer, 2009
- Harvard Extension School, Cambridge, MA, Programming courses
University, Boston, MA, Mass Communications, 1977-1982
This resumé was styled from semantically marked-up HTML using CSS. If you'd like to see how I did it, there is a link for the CSS file next to each list choice in the Style Switcher. If you liked my design work here, you can see more of it at my portfolio website, which shows off more of my programming and design skills, and Flash/Flash ActionScript work.
I also have a PDF of my conventionally formatted resumé, suitable for reading offline or printing. I know how to play by the rules, too! Right-click on this link, and you can download/open the PDF!